Beware idle conversations, you never know where they are going to lead.
I think that’s going to be my new motto as I seem to have inadvertently started a space agency, so I am pleased to announce the official launch of The Todmorden and Aeronautical and Space Administration (TASA)!
It looks like Elon Musk is getting a bit big for his boots with that synchronised booster landing on its tail thing,1 2 so this being a capitalist society, we thought he could benefit from a little competition. He’s absolutely right about reusability being the key to becoming a multi-planetary species, so we’re going to work on getting quadriplegic eyeballs into space and back to the launch point safely. That should stop him resting on his laurels right enough. Watch out SpaceX, we’re coming for you!
- Who: The Robots and Cake team, plus a crack squad assembled specifically for the task.
- What: Quadriplegic + bunch of 10-year-olds = launching payload full of sensors into space.
- Where: West Yorkshire, and you know, SPACE.
- When: 60 days from today +/- a couple of days depending on the weather.
- Why: It’s all about accessibility. A payload full of sensors is going to take this quadriplegics consciousness into space, because… BECAUSE IT’S SPACE!
I Want to Know More!
I thought you might do. So head on over to the TASA website to find out more about The Mission, keep up with the Mission Logs documenting our progress and get in touch via the Comms Channel if you think you can help or for any other reason whatsoever.