Okay people, Operation QuadriCopter is a go!! does the happy dance Okay, serious hat back on!
The stated aims for Operation QuadriCopter (#opquadricopter) are as follows:
- To get Stuart into the air using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), and experience the sense of flight through use of First Person View (FPV)1 flying.
- This aim will be met using a variety of different platforms, starting with the Parrot AR Drone and moving on to more complex custom-built drones
- To use the incredible resource that is the help and advice from other drone pilots, university professors, a couple of awesome companies, Kevin and Steve, the cat2. All of whom have offered their advice freely and willingly!
- The operation will be considered successful when Stuart is able to fly a drone FPV style, essentially giving this particular quadriplegic the amazing. feeling of flight. And has open sourced the results of this operation, so that other quadriplegics and those with profound disabilities can have the same experience!
- Operation QuadriCopter is a portmanteau of Quadriplegic and QuadriCopter, just FYI!
So, with all that in mind I give you… drumroll… Adventures in GPS!
- Platform: Parrot AR Drone with GPS Flight Recorder
- Pilot: Stuart
- D.P.H™: Clair